The vision of Illuman of Texas is to reclaim the spiritual initiation of men through experiential journeying into the True Self, creating a tradition for future generations.
The mission of Illuman of Texas is a commitment to:
- Directing men in lifelong spiritual learning
- Training men to be Elders
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with program participants
- Providing Men’s Rites of Passage
- Developing additional rites as needed
Our philosophy is founded on the following beliefs:
- Every man is a Beloved Son of God.
- Men are capable of serious spiritual journeys.
- Our message is grounded in the Judeo-Christian Tradition while integrating the symbols and rituals from other religions and wisdom cultures.
- Men must seek transformation through a power greater than themselves.
- Men must have the affirmation and guidance of wise mentors.
- Men have a need and responsibility to mentor future generations.
- There is a universal message of love and faith that transcends the boundaries of race, nation, culture, gender, economics/class, politics, sexual orientation and religious differences.
- Men must seek honest mutuality in their relationships with women in thought, word and deed.
- Men must recognize and critique their own power with regard to women, minorities and the poor, and use their power for justice in the world.
- There is a need for collaborating with like-minded groups and other faith traditions.
Illuman of Texas is open to:
- Men of all races and religions.
- Men of all sexual orientations and gender identity.
- Men seeking wisdom for the journey.
- Grandfathers, fathers, sons, godsons and grandsons.
- Men with fathers and men without fathers.
- Young men at least 18 years old.
Illuman of Texas also sponsors various events that continue to explore specific issues of male spiritual development. These events are open and applicable for all men, regardless of whether or not they have gone through the Men’s Rites of Passage program.