We are men transforming men through a power greater than ourselves.
We are seeking a life changing spirituality.
Our primary concern is inner work that makes a difference in the world.
We are fed by the wisdom traditions of forgiveness and radical inclusivity.
Our work recovers traditional patterns of male initiation, affirms a masculine path to healing, reveals the true and false self and honors the path of descent.
We do this through the power of ritual, image, story and council.
These are our five touchstones:
- Centering – we are men grounded in the power of the here and now.
- Gathering – we are men who listen deeply to each other’s stories.
- Connecting – we are men who choose another to walk with – shoulder to shoulder.
- Releasing – We are men who let go of the ways that no longer serve us.
- Serving – we are men who honor the earth and serve the whole human community.
We seek to form future generations of men who will restore these practices – serving to build a world that celebrates the beauty of all beings.
Illuman of Texas Men’s Rites of Passage (MROP)
Illuman of Texas utilizes the program for Men’s Rites of Passage originally developed by Fr. Richard Rohr and the Center for Action and Contemplation. This program is now administered by Illuman and is utilized by Illuman of Texas as an affiliate and with their permission. Illuman of Texas is the affiliated Texas Chapter of Illuman.
Even though Illuman of Texas is aligned philosophically and spiritually with Richard Rohr and Illuman in our desire to see men transforming men for generations to come; Illuman of Texas is an independent and separate non-profit organization.