Illuman is a not for profit organization for men who are simply interested in becoming better, more authentic men. We welcome all men to our work without regard for your ethnicity, class, education, sexual orientation, religion or any other characteristic that might make you feel excluded. To learn more about Illuman, please click here.
Click here to learn more about Illuman and the Journey of Illumination by watching our new video, “Journey:Together.” We’d greatly appreciate your help in getting the word out by sharing the video on social media and liking it on YouTube.
We are men transforming men through a power greater than ourselves.
We are seeking a life changing spirituality.
Our primary concern is inner work that makes a difference in the world.
We are fed by the wisdom traditions of forgiveness and radical inclusivity.
Our work recovers traditional patterns of male initiation, affirms a masculine path to healing, reveals the true and false self and honors the path of descent.
We do this through the power of ritual, image, story and council.
These are our five touchstones:
- Centering – we are men grounded in the power of the here and now.
- Gathering – we are men who listen deeply to each other’s stories.
- Connecting – we are men who choose another to walk with – shoulder to shoulder.
- Releasing – We are men who let go of the ways that no longer serve us.
- Serving – we are men who honor the earth and serve the whole human community.
We seek to form future generations of men who will restore these practices – serving to build a world that celebrates the beauty of all beings.